1. We are madly in love
2. Big excitement next door Saturday morning
3. Poached egg over tomato and avocado
4. Grilled peaches
5. Vintage coffee machine @ flea market
6. My future car @ flea market
7. Cooling off in the river
8. Just a little bit of a rainbow
1. Saturday morning, first cup of coffee
2. Orange tomato from the garden. Probably the best tomato ever eaten. Ever.
3. Photographing a bachelorette – making delicious cocktails @ Ateliers & Saveurs 4. After cocktails, we start tapas cooking class @ Ateliers & Saveurs 5. Sister of the bride made some very nice cupcakes
6. Sunday: Braving the storm @ OSHEAGA!!
7. When the rain finally stops and the sun comes out, they hose us down
8. A girl’s gotta eat (greasy food) – Poutine for the win. Don’t judge me.
What a weekend! I spent all day Saturday photographing a bachelorette. We did a photo shoot with all the girls in the old port, a tapas cooking class then out to a club. It was an exhausting day but the girls were great and I’m very happy behind the camera.
After sleeping in a little Sunday morning, I took the morning to relax and catch up on blogs. Then it was time to party. I headed to Osheaga in the afternoon and spent many hours dying from the heat or taking shelter from the torrential rain. Mother nature couldn’t make up her mind but the shows were amazing and I had a great day. I’ll do a separate post exclusively for the festival pictures cuz I went a little crazy. I hope everyone else had a great weekend!
1. “Saganaki” Dodonis = FRIED. CHEESE. @ Philinos ’nuff said.
2. Swapping @Take Off Your Clothes Montreal clothing swap
3. Left with almost as much as I donated – sorry tiny closet.
4. Last day of the Souk at Just for laughs, had to try the lobster roll @ Lucille’s
5. Refreshing watermelon mint paleta @ La Catrina
6. The summer’s heat waves have been pretty rough of my garden :(
7. Best coffee in the city? undecided but Cafe Myriad is right down the street and delicious
8. Pre-breakfast coffee with my sister @ Sardine. Why yes, I do love lattes?
9. Creamy scrambled eggs and wild salmon for brunch(again) @ Lawrence 10. Iced tea and chai latte @ Le Couteau (I had to pee so we bough some tea)
What a busy weekend. Finally went back to Philinos, hoping their calamari was as good as it was 2 years ago – only to realize the flaming cheese is much more memorable. The clothing swap was a huge success (more about that later this week), I enjoyed the last day of the street food at the Just of laughs festival (food trucks are illegal in Montreal other than at special events) drank lots of things with the word ‘latte’ in them and had awesome Sunday brunch with my sister.
1. Food trucks aren’t legal in Montreal… but they are legal at Festivals!
2. Dinner = Pimento feta taco @ Grumman 78 (I will def be back to try more)
3. The Just for Laughs festival was the place to be Friday night.
4. Glad I stayed late and caught the Muare show, acrobatics + live music.
5. My lone veggie burger in a sea of meat @ family dinner
6. Garage sale finds: vintage floral tapestry bags
7. Dragged myself out of bed and up the mountain Sunday morning
8. Followed by a reward – iced latte from Pikolo (best latte in Montreal)
I also cleaned and rearranged my apartment, baked banana oatmeal dark chocolate chip muffins and a veggie lasagna, dropped off 30 pieces of clothing for the Montreal Take Off Your Clothes clothing swap next weekend, and bought some soap and hair spray. I think I crossed everything off my to do list.
1. Curry tilapia on brown rice & a glass of wine
2. Sleeping cat in bookstore window
3. I HATE that Au Pied de Cochon sells foie gras but this dessert was AMAZING
4. After many coffees at Sardine Cafe, I finally tried their (delicious) donuts
5. Snapped this for my friend Paige who documents her pet peeve, rogue carts
6. Another boiling hot weekend, another sidewalk sale in Montreal
1. Outdoor concerts are the best – except for the mosquitos
2. Lynyrd Skynyrd live @ Maddie’s place
3. Fireworks to end the show
4. Awesome coffee @ Café Sardine (great business cards too)
5. Café au lait @ Lawrence
6. 3 cheese stuffed waffles @ Engaufrez-vous
I love weekends spent exploring Montreal, trying new restaurants, getting overcafeinated, watching outdoor shows and just walking around the city with great people.