I am so sleepy. Steph and I walked soooo much today. We hit up the Pop Montreal craft fair which was interesting but mostly overpriced for my budget. A lot of things were awesome but I just can’t justify spending 20$-30$ and up on something I could make myself if I had the patience. I’ll go more into detail about it tomorrow.
Today I have much more happy news. 2 of my buddies at work and I attempted to recreate a veggie recipe that one of them had tasted in Toronto. Her being the only non vegetarian amongst the 3 of us, she was surprised at how good it was and wanted to make it herself with our help.
With a little help from the internet and the take out menu from the restaurant, we made a grocery list and set to work. Guys, let me tell you, this tasted so good, just looking at the pictures today made me want some so bad.
For those of you who would like to recreate this surprisingly delicious dish, here is what’s in it:
(from the bottom up)
– Basmati rice
– green curry sauce from a jar (could be any coconut curry)
– marinated tofu that was baked for 15-20 mins. (marinated with soy sauce and apple cider vinegar)
– diced cucumber, tomato and red onion
– bean sprouts on top (original had alfalfa sprouts but the stupid grocery store didn’t have any)
– on the side, some hummus (original had a “chickpea stew” that had a blended consistency)
I was skeptical at first with so many different flavors but I was delightfully surprised. I suggest everyone give this guy a go, even you meat eaters! Paired with a bottle of red wine and some chocolate pecan pie, this dish could create world peace.
I’m hoping to get some etsy items up tonight (way overdue) and then tomorrow it’s beerfest! Let’s hope the rain doesn’t mess up my plans.
Hope everyone has a good weekend!